Happy Monday, Folks! It’s the final Monday of the year. We have learned so much about human trafficking this month. As we’ve taken so much in, today let’s focus on recapping everything we have discussed.
Never Take Your feelings for Granted
- If your “gut” tells you something is wrong, pay attention and get help.
- You deserve to feel safe. No one should demand that you perform jobs or acts that make you feel uncomfortable.
- You’re not obligated to hand over any property that belongs to you.
Find People You Can Trust
- Whether it’s a family member and/or friend, having a trusted individual in your life makes all the difference in the world.
- Share your recent experiences or anxieties with those you trust. They can assist you when life becomes troublesome.
Stay on Guard
- Watch your surroundings and be vigilant. It’s better safe than sorry.
- Don’t just be mindful of your relationships but listen to those close to you who may be offering cries for help.
- Understand that your voice matters. Do what you can to join in the fight against this global crisis.
I hope you’ve gained insight into human trafficking and that you’ll use the tools I have provided. Thank you so much for spending the year with me, as we journey through the field of mental health and discuss topics that are typically taboo.
Next year will be amazing for us all and I hope you’ll continue this journey with me. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
Tags: human trafficking prevention, mental health, mental health blog, human trafficking safety, Mya Speller Cullins, blacks who blog, women’s empowerment blog, informative blog